I adore this shop. They stock the most fantastic jewellery, shoes, bags and clothing. It may not be YOUR style but they are having a 30% sale on many items. So if you like this jumper and suit hats and quirky jewellery. Go quickly!
Monthly Archives: October 2013
This is a lovely coat for the quality, price and classic style that will last for a long time. You could make it look different by adding a furry shawl, different scarves, a variation of belts and footwear.
Another way to update your wardrobe especially when you are bored with the appearance of a skirt or dress is to buy an interesting pair of tights. Lace, two tone or metallic?
Plus socks that can be worn with your cropped trousers and heels now as it getting colder.
Just look at all the colours!
This shop is in the Kings Road
How to update your wardrobe this season? Here are some tips how to:
• Pink in any shade is this season’s colour. I am loving this colour even with burgundy or navy blue, but try to avoid black with pink. There are different shades around and the one I like the most is a dusty pink, but that is because it suits me the most. Never-the-less Top Shop has a pair of trousers in pretty pink they could be worked well with tan ankle boots with a camel jumper and possibly a pin stripe jacket. Does this sound like a lot to digest?
• Well suddenly I am on to the next HUGE trend which I love the most. You have to be creative and mix it up! This is all about mixing different materials, textures, prints, colour in different items of clothing and accessories. I am so sorry I may have confused you now. But trust me it is such a great way to put together outfits that show your own personal style. I think I may have to send you all some photos and show you some good examples. In the meantime why not look at fashion bloggers like Jak and Jil or the Sartorialist.
• Floral print but seriously dark and moody, almost gothic or grunge like. Very cool, but a NICE chiffon blouse that is sheer with a black vest underneath could be teamed with a pencil skirt and a blazer for the office or it could be worn with leather jeans and heels for the evening. I can think of loads of other ideas. How about you?
• Squares, checks and tartans, I am not a huge fan of tweed, because of the itch factor and that generally any tweed that I have seen in someone’s wardrobe only adds bulk to the body, especially trousers on pear shapes. Oh no!!!!! But if you look at Zara’s website you may see the wonderful materials they are now using to make these checks or squares more flattering. This is a very elegant look and an easy way to mix and match different prints. Last year I started to see tartans around again and got one myself in a very dark navy. I love it and have teamed it with burgundy tights and a stripy skinny polo neck. A few days ago I saw a shorter one in navy at Top Shop if you can wear short. Otherwise look at the various web-sites for more options, maybe Jaeger or Hobbs?
• Oh boy here is a big trend that I love so much and looks great on most woman of any shape and size. The skirt! Well it does need to be teamed with jumpers for this trend to be pulled off correctly, but you all know I am into individuality not following fashion. So find your own version. If you are a pear shape go for a flared shape skirt and a skinny jumper,( fitted please and tucked in), boyish shapes could go for a printed pencil skirt with a slouchy jumper possibly with a belt to give you the appearance of a waist. The curvy girls would look great with an A-line style a fitted top that is not too long or it could be a sexy blouse. Apple shapes suit a shorter skirt that is worn with a slouchy jumper.
• Collar necklaces on top of jumpers. I love Bimbo and Lola for their fantastic ideas. Please if it is your style at all, have a look. I also think COS have some simple versions. It is so easy to make an outfit look special and feel great in it.
• Skinny jeans are very much still in fashion but I absolutely think almost everyone looks good in the waxed pair of jeans from Zara. Check them out!
Well that is all for now. I have many more ideas up my sleeve, and am continuously dreaming up more. Like all the vintage fairs that I go to are so wonderful, beautiful clothes, but I hate holes in clothing. Please through anything out that is old and tattered. You need the space in your wardrobe to be creative. Don’t we all deserve to look fantastic and feel amazing? My answer to you is yes you do!!!!